He did his MBBS from Govt. Medical College, Jammu (1979) and obtained his MHA degree from AIIMS(1989) New Delhi. A recipient of WHO fellowship to USA(1997), Dr. Shakti Gupta represented the country in the East West Meeting on Telemedicine organized by Asian Productivity Organization, Japan at Hawai, USA(1998).
• PRATIBHASHI SAMMAN–2002
• CHIKITSA RATAN – 2010
• SHRAM SREE-2010
• International Partner of the Year Award by Institute of Rescue Engineering and Civil Protection, Cologne, University of Applied Science Germany. First Indian to be awarded with this prestigious award of International significance.
• The State Award for meritorious public service on the eve of Republic Day by Jammu & Kashmir Government (2014). The monetary award of Rs.51000 received was graciously donated back J&K Chief Minister’s Flood Relief Fund.
AUTHORED EIGHT BOOKS
• Modern Trends in Planning and Designing of Hospitals
• Hospital Stores Management
• Emergency Medical Services and Disaster Management
• Emergency Medical Services –Global Prospective
• Hospital Infection Control Guidelines
• Disease outbreak Management
• MCQs in Hospital and Healthcare Management.
• Hospital and Healthcare Administration. Appraisal and Referral Treatise.
• MBBS from Govt. Medical College, Jammu.
• Masters in Hospital Administration from AIIMS.
• WHO Fellowship from USA .
• Management Development Programme from National University of Singapore.
• Professor and former HOD, Department of Hospital Administration AIIMS
• Chairman of the Expert committee for Formulation of National Ambulance Code
• Consultant for UNOPS Asia Office to study Procurement & Supply Management System
• Director of “Healthcare Executive Management Development Programme” in collaboration with WHO, “National Initiative for Patient Safety” and “Best Procurement Practices for Hospitals”.
• Member Expert Group for establishing six AIIMS like Institutions in the country
• Expert Consultant to Ministry of External Affairs for establishment of two hospitals in Bhutan and the Emergency & Trauma Centre in Nepal.
• Member Task Force on Health Sector Reforms for J&K under the Chief Minister.
• Founder President of Research Foundation of Hospital and Healthcare Administration (RFHHA).
• Former President of the Academy of Hospital Administration
• Consultant to Government of Goa to form a road map for best utilization of existing infrastructure
• Consultant to the Govt. of Maharashtra for EMS
• Consultant to the Govt. of Tripura for improvement in healthcare provisioning.
• Member of the National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Healthcare Providers (NABH)
• Member of the Advisory Board of Centre for Health Systems Innovation & Entrepreneurship, Oklahoma State University, USA
• Founder President of the EMS Leaders Forum
• Guided more than 160 research studies.
• Standardized Curriculum for Post Graduate courses in Hospital Administration in the country.
© Copyright 2017 | Spirant Communication Pvt. Ltd.